Urgent Public Health Notice
Notice from Judge Welch, Marietta Municipal Court
I want to provide the community with an update on how the Court is addressing the challenge of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
During this period of crisis and in an effort to slow the spread of novel Coronavirus, the following policies have been adopted and are effective immediately:
- Access to The Municipal Court Building will be limited to those with actual business with the Court or Probation.
- If you are supposed to appear in Court for an arraignment on a traffic ticket or other charge, you may ask to continue your initial appearance with
some important exceptions.
- To request a continuance, call the Court Monday – Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, at 740-373-4474, Option 2
- As a reminder, waivers can be paid by mail, telephone or online at www.mariettacourt.com
- No jury trials until after April 14, 2020.
- Most Probation appointments will be conducted by video or telephone. Please call or message your Probation Officer for answers about your individual situation.
If you do need to appear at Municipal Court, please be assured that we have stepped up our cleaning and public health procedures.
- A member of the Court staff uses a Protexus Electrostatic sprayer through the facility daily and more often on high traffic days. We bought this device about two years ago and it uses Purtabs which is an EPA registered sanitizer and disinfectant.
- Hand sanitizer is available to the public in the Security Lobby, the Clerk’s window and in the Probation reception area. Sanitizer is also available in the Courtrooms.
- Hard surfaces are wiped down with approved disinfectant wipes multiple times a day.
- The Security Officer, Bailiff and Probation officers have been directed to use their best judgment to achieve social distancing among members of the public in the Court building.
- Approved notices issued by the Ohio Department of Health, and Marietta/Belpre City Health Department are posted throughout the building to provide trustworthy information to the public.
As always, the health and safety of our community and the staff of the Court is my top priority.